Thursday 28 February 2013

The vegan food swap

So as you might have seen, there has been a lack of posts recently. I am knee-deep in revision right now and that coupled with looking after the little one means I barely have time to cook let alone blog about it.

Despite having all this work to do I decided to sign up to The Vegan Food Swap run by To Happy Vegans.  The basic idea is every month you send someone a parcel with £10 worth of bought/made vegan goodies and someone sends you one. Awesome!

I got to send mine to Sarah from Vegan Girl on a Mission. The only requirement was no vegan milk chocolate. In the box I sent was: some Zest vegan pesto (my favourite), some gluten free seaweed rice crackers, some dark chocolate with raspberry, an Organica Golden Coconut and Dark chocolate bar, some lovely looking biscuits (completely forgotten the brand but they looked yummy!) and some homemade fudge which I will try and blog about soon. I really hope she liked them!
Crumbly Vegan Fudge

In return I got a box from Jhenn from The Vegan Ronin
In it was:
*Some cherry Pez sweets- I can remember loving the Pez sweets and toys when I was younger so these were a great trip down memory lane
*Some Gianduiotti chocolates. These disappeared into mine and OH's mouths within seconds of opening the box! These are so delicious- a rich chocolate and hazelnut taste and so creamy you wouldn't know it's not milk chocolate!
*A hot chocolate spoon- if you don't know what this is it is basically a nice big lump of chocolate set on a spoon which you stir into hot milk to make hot chocolate. I had mine with almond milk and it was yummy. As I am a chocolate fiend this went within the first few days too!
*Some bacon flavoured popcorn (but definitely vegan!). I was very intrigued by these! I have always been veggie but I do like bacon flavoured crisps so I was looking forward to these. The bacon flavour was quite subtle but it was still tasty
*A buccaneer bar- basically a vegan Milky Way. You definitely can't go wrong with that!!
*Some mushroom flavoured salt. I have to admit I haven't had this yet. I am really looking forward to it though so will blog about it when I have.

Thank you Jhenn!

Yum!




No comments:

Post a Comment